[Insight-users] B-spline deformations for image registration?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 04:33:01 EDT 2009

Most of the B-spline deformations in an image registration procedure I have
read about typically use uniform B-splines. I have seen that development on
non-uniform B-splines is in progress in ITK. But what benefits are earned
from non-uniform B-splines in image registration?

I have read an article on non-uniform spacing of the control points in
relation to image registration:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/0q3bfeunq4avrwdf/

But to define a non-uniform spacing of the control points one does not
necessarily need to use non-uniform knot-vectors.

The purpose of non-uniform knot-vectors as I understand is to have different
weights for each control point, but to my knowledege no results with this
approach has been published.