[Insight-users] slow itkConnectedComponentImageFilter and input RequestedRegion

asamwm asamwm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:15:16 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I noticed the above filter is slow, and when I call relabel,
it is even slower although I am setting the requested region
to a small 3D block at the input image before attaching
it to  the connectedcomponentsfilter.
So I looked at the itkConnectedComponentsImageFilter.txx
and found what looks like it is getting LargestPossibleRegion
and setting it back as the RequestedRegion
from the input.
Would someone please confirm that this is a bug?

If it is not, please point me to what I am missing.