[Insight-users] Streamable image reading?

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:16:33 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm beginning a project were I'll have to read a large number of images
at the same time. I believe that all the filters that I'm working on
should be stream-able. However I'm worried about image reading.

I'm not sure how to interpreter the following
"Streaming infrastructure is already available for Reading. However only
a couple of ImageIO classes fully implement support for this functionality."
from
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Adding_Streaming_Support_in_ITK_Image_Writing

Do we have a list of which imageIO classes have streaming support for
reading implemented? specifically, does itkNiftiImageIO?

If not is there a wiki / info / example of how to correctly implement it
if I need to tackle this myself?

Thanks,
Luke