[Insight-users] problems on deformable registration 8

Sean lee kevinseanlee at live.com
Wed Jul 8 16:08:48 EDT 2009

Hello,
I am trying to use the example of deformable registration 8 on two ct image volumes (64 256X256 slices). The problem is If i use more than 62 slices, I would have memory problem; I run 60 slice, I got a perfect results with 20 iterations; but if I run 59 slices, it only run one iteration and reaches "CONVERGENCE: REL_REDUCTION_OF_F <= FACTR*EPSMCH". I tried to reduce the Cost Function Convergence Factor to 1e+1 and it still comes same results. What could be the problem and any suggested solutions? Thanks. Sean