[Insight-users] problems on deformable registration 8

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 8 17:39:25 EDT 2009

Hi Sean,

This is very suspicious.

A) your images do not seem to be that big...

    One image of:

      64 slices of 256 x 256 in 16bits

    will take 8 Mb

    How much RAM do you have ?

B) Just removing one slice (out of 60) from your
    dataset shouldn't lead the registration to
    behave differently.

    Unless...

    There is some special content in that slice...

    Are any objects in Slice 60 that have very
    different intensities to those objects visible
    in slice 59  ?

...and...

C) How are you removing that slice ?

    Are you using a region of interest extraction first ?

Please let us know,