[Insight-users] Support for BiLinear and Bicubic Interploation types

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 8 17:33:18 EDT 2009

Hi Sharath,

(a) Yes, the BSplineInterpolateImageFunction can be used
     along with any Transform. It use is not limited to
     deformable registration by any means.

     Note however, that is computationally more expensive
     than the linear interpolator.

(b) The LinearInterpolator in ITK is N-Dimensional.

     So, it will perform Bilinear interpolation in a 2D image
     and it will perform Trilinear interpolation in a 3D image.

(c) What do you call a "Bicubic" type ?
     Please clarify,