[Insight-users] Support for BiLinear and Bicubic Interploation types

Sharath Venkatesha sharath20284 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 19:50:03 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the clarification on the bi-linear interpolation.

By bicubic, I mean extension of the cubic hermite spline method for interpolating points in a grid. In a simple implementation, I remember for bilinear we take the values of the neighbors and interpolate them; In bi-cubic, the value of the neighbours, and its second neighbors are also taken for interpolation, with a more complex equation to be solved, and hence finer interpolation.
The complexity is greater than bilinear and less than bspline.

Thanks,
Sharath