[Insight-users] problems on deformable registration 8

Sean lee kevinseanlee at live.com
Thu Jul 9 09:22:59 EDT 2009

Hi, Luis,
Thanks for your reply.
> A) Did you make *any* changes to the source code
> of the DeformableRegistration8.cxx example ?
I believe I did not.
> B) How are you reading your images ?
> Are they DICOM files ?
> Are you using a Series Reader ?They are raw data with mhd or mha header files and I used following filter to read them.	VolumeReaderType::Pointer fixVolumeReader = VolumeReaderType::New();	fixVolumeReader->SetFileName(fixVolumeFileName);	fixVolumeReader->Update();
> C) How *exactly* have you been removing slices from them.
My original volume are 512X512. First I down-sampled them to 256X256 with itk::ResampleImageFilter and thenrun itk::ExtractImageFilter with following setting	Input3DImageType::RegionType sliceRegion;	Input3DImageType::IndexType sliceStartPoint;	sliceStartPoint[0] = 0;	sliceStartPoint[1] = 0;	sliceStartPoint[2] = 0;	Input3DImageType::SizeType NewVolumeSize;	NewVolumeSize[0]=fixVolumeSize[0];	NewVolumeSize[1]=fixVolumeSize[1];	NewVolumeSize[2]=59; //or 60  !!!!! here is the way I selecting the number of slices !!!!!	sliceRegion.SetSize(NewVolumeSize);	sliceRegion.SetIndex(sliceStartPoint);It is my understanding that the volume size should not affect the results that much. But like what I experienced earlier, changing that number could result in reaching "Convergence: function tolerance reached." without a good result. I hope it can always reach "Convergence: gradient tolerance reached."
Thanks.
Sean