[Insight-users] Registration - Mutual Information Metric - Sampling from Moving Image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 11 11:49:51 EDT 2009

Hi Sharath,

You are right in that it is not a good idea to take samples
from the entire 2000 x 2000 pixels image if we expect that
only a regions of 640 x 480 is going to match the Moving
image.

The solution is to simply call

            registration->SetFixedImageRegion( region )

 and set "region" to the region of interest from the
2000 x 2000 image, where you anticipate to find matches
for the moving image.

You will find examples on the use of

       SetFixedImageRegion()

in the ITK software Guide

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

and most (if not all) the corresponding Image Registration
examples in

            Insight/Examples/Registration