[Insight-users] Registration - Mutual Information Metric - Sampling from Moving Image

Sharath Venkatesha sharath20284 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 12:48:21 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

I am already using the

 registration->SetFixedImageRegion( region )

My scaling parameters are around 0.6 and rotation of 6-7 degrees, I have to use a big region  in the fixed image (I am initialiazing with scale =0.5, and hence using a region of size 1280*960).  The performance has not improved much.

Hence I want to sample pixels from the moving image, and do a backward mapping to pixels in the fixed image( by the inverse transform parameters, that are estimated in each iteration of the optimizer). In this case, I think that almost all the points will be mapped, and hence the metric will be better. Also, it will take care of the scale and translation, as in the previous case, a wrong initial scale will make me miss out the the pixel values in the fixed image.

Do I need to change the functions in the respective files, or is there a simpler way to do this, or is already implemented?

Thanks,

Sharath Venkatesha