[Insight-users] Building Insight hangs...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jul 12 09:57:02 EDT 2009

Hi David,

Interesting, we haven't seen this before, so the main
suspect here is a misconfiguration in your system,
or even a corrupted filesystem.

What was the last time that your ran    "fsck"   ?

The first thing I would try is deleting the binary directory
and building from scratch....

If the problem persist, then

Pleas do the following and let us know what you find:

1) Go to the Code/Common (binary) directory and type

                make  itkThreadLogger.o

     Does it build ?

     Can you find the file:

      Insight/Code/Common/CMakeFiles/ITKCommon.dir/itkThreadLogger.o

      ??

2) How many cores does your machine has ?

3) Compiler version ?

4) When the processor is at 100%, what *exactly*
    is the process that is taking 100% of the CPU ?

           make ?, cmake ?, gcc ?  ld ?  as ?

    just use "top" and look at the process that is taking
    most CPU, and post this information to the list.

5) Does it always stop when building that file ?
     itkThreadLogger.o ?
     or have you seen this happen when building
     other .o file ?

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM, David Doria
<daviddoria+itk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bitk at gmail.com>