[Insight-users] ultimate erode set (erode up to object centres)

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Tue Jul 14 17:09:37 EDT 2009

Hello!

I'm looking for a filter that iteratively erodes until only the centres are left over. In the mavi docs it's discrribed as: "
The Ultimate Eroded (Dilated) Set is defined only for MONO images.
It is the union of all connected components of foreground (background)
pixels that disappear completely in each step of successive erosions
(dilations) performed on the input image. The structuring element is defined
by the neighborhood, which can be chosen in the dialog."

Is there such a filter in ITK? Or can it be implemented easily?
I couldn't find any hint searching in the user's guide nor in the doxygen docs nor in the insight journal.

Thanks for any help or hints
Lynx