[Insight-users] Understanding the b-spline deformable transform

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 22 20:05:35 EDT 2009

Hello,

I was looking at the code in the itkBSplineDeformableTransform to try
and understand how the image points of a fixed image is transformed
during registration. It turned out that I could not really figure much
out from looking at the code.

I would like to understand the inner workings of this transformation
scheme. I saw some variables relating to the jacobian and coefficient
image and could not really figure out what they were doing. Does
anyone know where I can find some background theory on this regarding
what the parameters of the transformation exactly are. I would really
like to understand this algorithm properly.

Cheers,

Anja