[Insight-users] Workings of RegularStepGradientDescent Optimizer (with BSplineDeformableTransform)

c23562 c.popko at gmx.de
Fri Jul 24 13:26:06 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Where i can learn something about the workings of RegularStepGradientDescent
Optimizer? I would like to know what exacly is a step? What is changing when
doing a step?
I have an imagine about regularStepGradientDescent optimizer and translation
transform but what about BSplineDeformable transform? I have no idea what
happens if the optimizer is working.
I have read the ITKSoftwareGuide and read all lectures. There is described
what happens if the optimizer is used with curves like parabolas but what
about the contour lines in BSplineDeformableTransform?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Christian