[Insight-users] Interpretation of output results from CenteredRigid2DTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 29 13:00:36 EDT 2009

Hi Michael,

The values that are printed by the CommandIterationUpdate
are not relative to the initial Transform values. They are indeed
the current transform values.

The common mistakes in registration are:

   1)  Failing to initialize the Transform properly
        (Are you using the transform initializer ?)

   2)  Failing to set the parameter scales properly.
        (are you scaling rotations with respect to translations?)

   3)  Using unbalanced values in the settings of the optimizer
        E.g. a step length that is too large..

If you want more details...
then we were need more details about your registration setup   :-)