[Insight-users] Interpretation of output results from CenteredRigid2DTransform

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Jul 28 12:22:34 EDT 2009

I am running some code and I am not sure I am interpreting the results
correctly:

  I have a CenteredRigid2DTransform that I use to register a pair of
images. During setup I have access to values for the rotation that put
me "in the ballpark" and so I use that to set the initial transform
parameters. (lets say for argument sake that the value for the
rotation is 0.6 radians).

   As the registration proceeds I use a CommandIterationUpdate object
(straight out of the Itk guide) to monitor the registration. What
concerns me is that the rotation shown during the output of the
registration is a value like 2.21E-5.

   Question 1: Is the value that I see during the registration (as
printed to the screen through the CommandIterationUpdate object)
_relative_ to the initial rotation?

   If Question 1 answer is, "No it is absolute" then what might I be
doing wrong?

If code is needed to elaborate on my question I can try and strip
things down to try and show what I am doing.

Thanks for any help.
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net