[Insight-users] Point Cloud Registration using ICP

John Durkin jrd5084 at psu.edu
Tue Jun 2 15:22:10 EDT 2009

Dear itk users and developers,

I have a series of point clouds that describe a 3d scene.  I'm trying
to register them all in the same coordinate system, preferably using
iterative closet points algorithm.  According to what I have read from
the documentation/ list serve, the example implemented in ITK needs
the fixed points or moving points to be a subset of the other.  My
point clouds overlap a lot but are not subsets of each other.  Are
there any filters than can help me do this in ITK?

Thanks,

John