[Insight-users] Active Contour Without Edge

mahshid farzinfar mahshid.lightmoon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:23:43 EDT 2009

Dear itk users,

I am recently working on Level Set Methods and Prior Shape based models. I
downloaded itk code " Active Contour Without Edges".  As my understandings
the regions information are computed in RegionBasedLevelSetFunction and the
core filter is DenseMultiphaseLevelSetImageFilter. I can not see how this
filter makes connection with RegionBasedLevelSetFunction to calculate speed.
It seems that function CalculateSpeedImage() should be called to achieve
GenerateSpeedImage() in DenseMultiphaseSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter. why
RegionBasedLevelSetFunction does not implement function
CalculatedSpeedImage(). How RegionBasedLevelSetFunction is used in
DenseMultiphaseLevelSetImageFilter.

I would like to change the code into different energy function and different
gradient descent flow, but I do not know exactly which parts are involved.

Many thanks,
Mahshid