[Insight-users] label object manipulation

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Sun Jun 28 16:24:06 EDT 2009

Hello!

Since  this  extension  seems  to  be  exactly what I'm looking for I tinkered
around a little to get familiar with itk and these filters. Taking the Insight
Journal  Article 176 - "Label object representation and manipulation with ITK"
as  documentation  I'm  wondering  if   EquivalentEllipsoidSize   yields   the
ellipsoids  axes  lengths or the eigenvalues as discribed in "A Label Geometry
Image Filter for Multiple Object Measurement" (Id 301)?

I hope I haven't missed this in the discription  but  I'm  wondering  how  the
filters  decide   what particles are separated. I know from MAVI (labelling by
reconstruction) that I can choose a kernel of six neighbouring  voxels  or  26
(in  3D). Is there such a parameter in the itk filters? If not: What kernel is
used or is it done completly different?

An other question I have: Can I use the  labelling  of  a  labeld  water  shed
filter output as the labelling in the analysis?

A feature I'd be interested in would be a surface area analysis of each label.
As far as I understand this is connected to the surface from the marching cube
algorithm.  So  I wonder if this would be a feature of vtk but does it support
analysis of labeled objects?

Many thanks for the filters and the great work on itk
Regards,
Lynx