[Insight-users] Help with fixing the error message: "GDCMSeriesFileNames (0xa14300): No Series were found" with ITK 3.10.2

Desikachari Nadadur dnadadur at intio.us
Mon Mar 2 18:46:02 EST 2009

Hi,

I think I figured this out. It seems to be the DICOM tags in my series.
The inconsistency of following two tags is causing the problem:

-----------
(0021,1003) SS 25                                       #   2, 1
SeriesFromWhichPrescribed
(0021,1035) SS 23                                       #   2, 1
SeriesFromWhichPrescribed
-----------

The Series I was using has a SeriesNumber of 25. My program can load the
series, if I (1) delete the above two tags, (2) Delete the second tag
only that has wrong SeriesNumber or (3) Set the second tag value to the
same value as the first tag (=25).

I do not know how itkGDCM handles the above two tags. Could there be a
long term solution for this problem within (itk)GDCM rather than
changing my program to fiddle with tags in the DICOM files, so they can
be read?

Thanks,
Desika