[Insight-users] Help with fixing the error message: "GDCMSeriesFileNames (0xa14300): No Series were found" with ITK 3.10.2

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:27:59 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Desikachari Nadadur <dnadadur at intio.us> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I figured this out. It seems to be the DICOM tags in my series. The
> inconsistency of following two tags is causing the problem:
>
> -----------
> (0021,1003) SS 25                                       #   2, 1
> SeriesFromWhichPrescribed
> (0021,1035) SS 23                                       #   2, 1
> SeriesFromWhichPrescribed
> -----------
>
> The Series I was using has a SeriesNumber of 25. My program can load the
> series, if I (1) delete the above two tags, (2) Delete the second tag only
> that has wrong SeriesNumber or (3) Set the second tag value to the same
> value as the first tag (=25).
>
> I do not know how itkGDCM handles the above two tags. Could there be a long
> term solution for this problem within (itk)GDCM rather than changing my
> program to fiddle with tags in the DICOM files, so they can be read?

No. ITK/GDCM will not use private tags for any reason. You must be
explicitely listing them as rules somewhere in your code to split out
your volume. You should double check your code.

Unless of course you were talking about Series UID, in which case yes
the two images will be explicitely set in two differents 'itk volume'

2cts
--
Mathieu