[Insight-users] Help with fixing the error message: "GDCMSeriesFileNames (0xa14300): No Series were found" with ITK 3.10.2

Desikachari Nadadur dnadadur at intio.us
Tue Mar 3 11:41:51 EST 2009

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for the reply.

The two tags I reported below are from a single DICOM image in the
series and not two images. The whole series has 68 DICOM images/files.
All of them have these two tags set in the way I reported.

I used gdcmIO->SetLoadPrivateTags(true) in my code. I tried commenting
that out and still got the error. It worked only when I manually removed
(0021,1035) tag or set both tags to the correct SeriesNumber (=25) in
these DICOM files. I am only trying to understand why these two private
tags were causing the error I reported, if the "private" tags are only
loaded but never parsed by the ITK/GDCM.

Thanks,
Desika