[Insight-users] compiling problems in FEM

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Mar 12 15:15:28 EDT 2009

Hi orientation f,

Please look at the top part of the CMakeLists.txt file in the
directory:

           InsightApplications/FEM

you will see:

PROJECT(FEM)

IF( BUILD_OUTSIDE_INSIGHT_APPLICATIONS )

   FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
   IF(ITK_FOUND)
     INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
   ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
     MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR
             "Cannot build InsightApplications without ITK.  Please set
ITK_DIR.")
   ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

ENDIF( BUILD_OUTSIDE_INSIGHT_APPLICATIONS )

You have two options:

   A) you can remove the two lines that say
"BUILD_OUTSIDE_INSIGHT_APPLICATIONS"

or

   B) you can add a line

     SET(BUILD_OUTSIDE_INSIGHT_APPLICATIONS 1)

     before the IF(BUILD_OUTSIDE_INSIGHT_APPLICATIONS) line.

Your current problem is that your CMakeLists.txt file
is not looking for ITK. That is, it is missing to
execute the CMake commands:

         FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
         INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})