[Insight-users] particle based segmentation

Terry Yoo tyoo at mail.nih.gov
Sun Mar 22 19:48:56 EDT 2009

Your idea is not detailed, so it is difficult to compare
with existing work.

1999. Johannes Hug, Christian Brechbuhler, Gabor Szekely
Tamed Snake: A Particle System for Robust Semi-automatic Segmentation
MICCAI 1999

1998. Yahia, H.M.; Berroir, J.P.
Segmentation of deformable templates with level sets characterizedby
particle systems
ICPR 1998.

You should also look up work from Utah...

2008.  Miriah D. Meyer, Ross T. Whitaker, Robert M. Kirby, Christian
Ledergerber,
Hanspeter Pfister.
Particle-based Sampling and Meshing of Surfaces in Multimaterial Volumes
IEEE Trans. Vis. Comput. Graph. 14(6): 1539-1546 (2008)

Good luck...

-Terry

Terry S. Yoo, PhD
National Library of Medicine