[Insight-users] Mean of a series of Vector Fields

poireau joelthelion at laposte.net
Wed Mar 25 12:28:31 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

thanks as always for the nice and useful answer. I will probably implement it as an itkSeriesMeanFilter or something like that, and will think about sharing it, even though most of what I develop is already public as part of the vv image viewer :)

joel

Hi Joel,

I'm afraid that we don't have a ready-to-use filter
for computing the mean of a series of 3D vector fields.

Your suggestion of doing this with iterators sound like
the right way to implement it.

You may want to pay attention to make sure that the
accumulated values do not get saturated...

and.. of course,.. it will be great if you decided
to share this code with the community by submitting it
to the Insight Journal:

      http://www.insight-journal.org

I'm sure that other people will find it useful.