[Insight-users] ITK and netlab

Kaveh Kohan kaveh.kohan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 10:56:16 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I have a question about using and linking ITK programs to the netlib libraries already available in the following folder inside of the ITK directory tree:

$ITKDIR/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/blas
$ITKDIR/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/lapack
$ITKDIR/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/linpack
$ITKDIR/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/sparse
$ITKDIR/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/libf2c

Here is my question and I would be thankful if you can help:

1) Does VXL by default uses blas for its operations or one needs to activate special flag to activate it? If yes, does anybody know how I can activate using blas, lapck?

2) When one calls VNL class, does it use lapack, blas or one needs to set a flag for it?

3) Is there any example about using blas, lack inside of itk programs?

Thanks,
Kaveh