[Insight-users] possible bug in imageserieswriter

Karl bulkmailaddress at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:37:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to report a likely bug.  I don't regularly use ITK and follow
its development, so if the bug has already been reported or fixed, I
apologize.

When using the imageserieswriter class, to save a series of DICOM images, I
receive the following error with about 50% of my images.

itk::ExceptionObject (0x3aafe38)

Location: "void
itk::ImageBase<VImageDimension>::ComputeIndexToPhysicalPointMatrices() [with
unsigned int VImageDimension = 2u]"

File: C:/DevTools/ITK/InsightToolkit-3.12.0/Code/Common/itkImageBase.txx

Line: 190

Direction is -0.118404 0

0.992966 0

The same images can always be written without error using the
imagefilewriter class.

This error only occurs in newer versions of ITK.  The code the error occurs
in simply reads in the series and writes it out unmodified.   It never
occurs in ITK v. 3.6.0, but does occur in v. 3.10.0 and 3.12.0.

Regards,
Karl