[Insight-users] Using ITK in several DLLs?

Marcus Lindblom macke at yar.nu
Sun Mar 8 13:36:47 EDT 2009

Jeff Donner wrote:
> The ITK library(ies) will be visible to all your components, whether
> other .dlls or the .exe. The sharedness just means your program will
> use only one copy of each particular .dll (ITK or otherwise), no
> matter how many components each use it. A combination of the linker
> and runtime loader take care of resolving everything. Once everything
> is resolved and the program is running, it's all just one big happy
> program, you can pass stuff back and forth like it was one big .exe.

Right. So there are no storage/singletons/factories or thing like that
that get duplicated across the app? (A static lib with a singleton that
is linked to two or more dlls in an app easily turns into a doubleton or
tripleton...)

(I'm concerned as I got quite a few static libs when I built ITK with
shared=on, including a slew of ITKxxx.lib, not just the
libtiff/gif/png/jpg and related.)

Cheers,
/Marcus