[Insight-users] ITK for fluorescence microscopy - BioImageXD

Gouaillard, Alexandre Alexandre_Gouaillard at hms.harvard.edu
Mon May 11 15:16:08 EDT 2009

hi badri,

I'm so sorry, this is the unmixing code I was speaking long time ago and that I should have sent you already.

We made some experiments and although it is working very well on most, it is underperforming in the specific application our lab is interested in.

We were hoping to find time to optimize it before releasing it, but we have since lost that hope. I will send you a tarball containing the mathlab code and the corresponding ITK implementation for you to try *right away*. We would be interested in feedback on how it compares to the unmixing code you are using today. I guess that if we could match the result, it would be of interest for  you to use this code, and to remove one external library dependency, right?

We plan to contribute this to ITK, but we won't be on time for the 3.14 release (in a few weeks). We preferred to focus on transferring the segmentation and tracking algorithms first.

regards,

alex.