[Insight-users] ITK for fluorescence microscopy - BioImageXD

alex gouaillard alexandre_gouaillard at hms.harvard.edu
Mon May 11 20:15:06 EDT 2009

hi guys,

Here is our implementation of Fast ICA in ITK.
The corresponding paper and matlab code can be found here (http://www.cis.hut.fi/projects/ica/fastica/
).

Our implementation was first motivated by the need of a fast umixing
code that would be open and Free (this code is release under BSD
license).
We must also admit that it is the fruit of a "dare thing" between two
of the main developers here after an infamous System Biology dep. beer
hour. I will try to tell the tale from memory for posterity:

a. gelas: I can implement any algorithm in less than a day [in ITK].
k. mosaliganti: I can be faster than anyone in matlab.

The result was kind of a draw, but now we have a nice algorithm. :-)

Let me know if you have any suggestion or remark on the code.

alex.