[Insight-users] Build error on OSX: wrap_VXLNumericsPythonPython.o

Darren Weber darren.weber.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:26:01 EDT 2009

2009/5/12 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>

> Le 12 mai 09 à 19:46, Darren Weber a écrit :
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> What's the fix for this issue with dynamic lib builds with python wrapping
>> in ITK (3.12)?  The linker appears to be building a dynamic lib (or shared
>> lib, *.so), but perhaps the linker option "-dynamiclib" is missing somewhere
>> in the cmake config?  Please tell me if there is simple patch to fix this.
>>  Could it be an issue with using "-Wno-long-double" for the vnl numerics
>> wrapping?
>>
>> This build uses CableSwig build options (ie, cmake ... -D
>> ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON:BOOL=ON ...), rather than USE_WRAP_ITK.  What is the most
>> preferred wrapping method for ITK @3.12?  I noticed mention of a new
>> release, 3.14, in the wings and nearly available.  Does the new release
>> (3.14) resolve build problems for wrappers (or is the focus of that release
>> elsewhere)?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I can't recall any problem while building WrapITK on Mac OS X.
> Have you tried with WrapITK?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gaëtan

I posted a build error the other day when USE_WRAP_ITK was ON.  The title of
that post was "ITK wrap build error on
itkLaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilterPython.o"   The error message was
obtuse.  I've had no feedback on that post.

Perhaps you can post me the output of your CmakeCache.txt file for your
build, using

cd <buildpath>
cmake -LAH <srcpath>  > cmake_vars.txt

and email cmake_vars.txt to me.