[Insight-users] Build error on OSX: wrap_VXLNumericsPythonPython.o

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu May 14 03:43:57 EDT 2009

Le 12 mai 09 à 20:26, Darren Weber a écrit :

> 2009/5/12 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>
>
> Le 12 mai 09 à 19:46, Darren Weber a écrit :
>

> Hi,
>
> What's the fix for this issue with dynamic lib builds with python
> wrapping in ITK (3.12)?  The linker appears to be building a dynamic
> lib (or shared lib, *.so), but perhaps the linker option "-
> dynamiclib" is missing somewhere in the cmake config?  Please tell
> me if there is simple patch to fix this.  Could it be an issue with
> using "-Wno-long-double" for the vnl numerics wrapping?
>
> This build uses CableSwig build options (ie, cmake ... -D
> ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON:BOOL=ON ...), rather than USE_WRAP_ITK.  What is
> the most preferred wrapping method for ITK @3.12?  I noticed mention
> of a new release, 3.14, in the wings and nearly available.  Does the
> new release (3.14) resolve build problems for wrappers (or is the
> focus of that release elsewhere)?
>

> Hi,
>
> I can't recall any problem while building WrapITK on Mac OS X.
> Have you tried with WrapITK?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gaëtan
>

> I posted a build error the other day when USE_WRAP_ITK was ON.  The
> title of that post was "ITK wrap build error on
> itkLaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilterPython.o"   The error
> message was obtuse.  I've had no feedback on that post.

ok, I've missed that one. The message is not much informative for me
as well.
It seems that you are using stuff from macport. Can you try to build
cable swig and itk with the compiler provided with xcode and the
default compiler options? That's what I'm doing here without trouble.

You can disable most of the WRAP_* options in cmake for the tests, and
keep only one dimension in WRAP_ITK_DIMS, to make things a bit faster.

> Perhaps you can post me the output of your CmakeCache.txt file for
> your build, using
>
> cd <buildpath>
> cmake -LAH <srcpath>  > cmake_vars.txt
>
> and email cmake_vars.txt to me.