[Insight-users] Bio-Formats in ITK (was: Re: ITK for fluorescence microscopy - BioImageXD)

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed May 20 18:11:41 EDT 2009

Hi Gaëtan,

I don't get that error with a zvi file. Great!

Great. And we will eliminate the problem for TIFF files soon as well.

However, the performances don't seem that good: with my simple python
> wrapper for bioformats, I open the image in 39 seconds.
> With itk-plugin, at 39 second, only 6 plans are open on the 51 plans of the
> image.

That is bad news. I was planning on doing some benchmarks comparing with
Bio-Formats + Ice, but was not expecting to see such bad performance with
JNI. I will look into it and see what I can find out. It should be possible
to do much better.

I'll continue my investigations and will continue to report my progress.

Thank you.

-Curtis