[Insight-users] deformation field interpretation, motion extraction

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 20 22:29:23 EDT 2009

Hi Christian,

   The units of deformation fields generated by ITK defomable
   registration algorithms are the same of the image spacing.

   For example if you are using CT images with spacing in
   millimeters, then the units of the deformation field will
   be in millimeters.

   If you are using microscopy images with spacing in microns,
   then the units of the deformation field will be in microns.

BTW: You may find interesting to use the 4D Slicer application
from the following paper:

     http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/617
     "VV: a viewer for the evaluation of 4D image registration"