[Insight-users] Can I use ITK to manipulate Matlab and XRraySim?

lu kang lu.kang07 at googlemail.com
Wed May 20 22:42:03 EDT 2009

Thanks, Luis.

I need to clarify my question. Can ITK or Matlab manipulate the
XRaySim software?

When I am talking about using ITK or Matlab to manipulate X-RaySim, I refer
to X-RaySim software. Because X-RayProsim is the only software I found so
far to be able to set Euler rotation and translation matrix to rotate the
CAE 3-D model at a number of orientations and convert the CAE 3-D model into
a radiographic image.  I need to automatize the whole process eventually. So
if Matllab can manipulate the X-RaySim software, it will be nice. I don't
even need to use the ITK since the existing codes are programmed in Matlab.

If Matlab or ITK can only manipulate the output images created from X-RaySim
instead of the X-RaySim software, I may need to explore other software that
can have the same function as X-RaySim but be able to manipulate by either
Matlab or ITK. Because the ultimate goal is to automatize the process. For
the time being, I can just manually load the output images created from
X-RaySim into Matlab I guess.

Best Regards,
Lu