[Insight-users] Can I use ITK to manipulate Matlab and XRraySim?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 20 22:15:12 EDT 2009

Hi Lu,

You will find in ITK many methods for image comparison.

Some of them are implemented in the form of ImageMetrics and
used in the image registration framework.

Others are implemented as filters.

for example the DifferenceImageFilter.

Please see the ITK Software Guide for details.

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

There are several ways of using ITK from MatLab.

Please look at the following two papers in the Insight Journal:

http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/66
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/155
"MATITK: EXTENDING MATLAB WITH ITK"

and

http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/620
http://hdl.handle.net/10380/1461
"Simulink Libraries for Visual Programming of VTK and ITK"

Finally, when you say "manipulate the XRaySim" are you
referring to the software XRaySim ?
or to the simiulated X-Ray image that it produces as an output ?