[Insight-users] Problems with calling ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter in order to reinitialize narrow band in NarrowBandLevelSetImageFilter

Amardeep Singh amar.singh at gmx.de
Wed May 27 14:21:48 EDT 2009

Hi there

Well, I changed the definition of the LevelSetNode class to be a child
of the BandNode class.
Then, I templated the narrow band in itkNarrowBandImageFilterBase to
consist of LevelSetNode nodes (instead of BandNode nodes). The
inheritance in the first place was necessary, because the
ReinitializeImageFilter routines are written with a BandNode node in
mind. Like this, I can at least get it to compile (I will still have to
see if it works or not.).
However, I have the strong impression that this is a hack that will lead
to problems some time in the future.
Does anyone know if there is a specific reason for the division between
LevelSetNode nodes and BandNode  nodes?
Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Amardeep