[Insight-users] Interpretation of the values in the parameters array - non-rigid image registration?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 1 11:09:29 EST 2009

Hi Motes,

Yes, your interpretation of the parameters is correct.

The values that the BSpline grid is interpolating are actually the
displacements of points located at the node grid coordinates.

(The link to your PDF file didn't work for me...)

You are right in that specifying a value in the parameters array
is equivalent to defining one of the components (X or Y) of a
displacement.

This is explained in the Tutorial on deformable registration:

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/images/0/06/Insight-DeformableRegistration-BSplines.ppt