[Insight-users] InsightClopedia (was How to know what parameters of a filter need to be set?)

Ramón Casero Cañas rcasero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:26:06 EST 2009

Luis Ibanez wrote:

> The "InsightClopedia"
>
>               http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_InsightClopedia
>
> has been suggested as an alternative solution to this problem.
>
> The idea, is that, collecting the information that you are asking
> for requires a lot of work, and that, therefore we should distribute
> the load of that work among many members of the ITK community.

There's a lot of valuable information in the mailing list. Sometimes I
think "it would be nice to make a note somewhere of this email".

When I saw the link you sent to the InsightClopedia, I thought that
maybe quick notes like the following would be appropriate?

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/InsightClopedia/Watershed-based_Segmentation_Filters

On a related note, given that "encyclopedia"'s etymology comes from
"enkyklios" and "paideia" [1], maybe a better name would be "InsightPedia"?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encyclopedia#Etymology

Best regards,

Ramon.

--
Dr. Ramón Casero Cañas

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807