[Insight-users] Incorrect deformation field using paraview

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:33:41 EST 2009

I am creating a deformation field in itk based on the code from
BSplineWarping1.cxx. I read the following deformation file:

    0   0       0   0       0   0        0   0       0   0        0
0       0   0      0   0

    0   0       30 -30     30 -30        0   0       0   0        30
-30     30 -30      0   0

    0   0       30 -30     30 -30        0   0       0   0        30
-30     30 -30      0   0

    0   0       0   0       0   0        0   0       0   0        0
0       0   0      0   0

    0   0       0   0       0   0        0   0       0   0        0
0       0   0      0   0

    0   0       10 -10     10 -10        0   0       0   0        10
-10     10 -10      0   0

    0   0       10 -10     10 -10        0   0       0   0        10
-10     10 -10      0   0

    0   0       0   0       0   0        0   0       0   0        0
0       0   0      0   0

But when I view the .mhd file in paraview I just get:

http://37133.vs.webtropia.com/apache2-default/test/test0.png

I would expect large deformation in the top and small deformation in
the bottom. Further the deformation vectors should also
point downward since all y-components are negative.

Actually the deformation field always looks like the image on the
above link no matter how I change the deformation .txt file so
something is wrong.

In paraview I load the .mhd file. Then I add a calculator and type:

      coordsX*iHat+coordsY*jHat+0*kHat

in the expression editor.

Next I add a glyph filter and specify that I only want 1000 points.

Any ideas?