[Insight-users] [Insight-developers] ITK and VS6 (and GDCM)

Rashindra Manniesing rashindra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 13:26:34 EST 2009

Dear Kent,

I completely understand your point of view, and  indeed for this particular
application, GDCM1 can be used as well (most likely, haven't looked that
closely, yet).

Within my environment I always prefer to have the latest versions of the
libs, thus it feels kind of awkward to spent time to make the program works
for older versions. And that is clearly not a very strong argument  from a
general/ITK point of view.

So, with the prospective that ITK - GDCM1 won't be replaced with 2 in the
near future, I will spent some time making dicomimport independent of
external packages, in the hope of course it will part of future versions of
ITK J (and as  my acknowledgment towards the ITK community)

Best regards, Rashindra.