[Insight-users] [Insight-developers] ITK and VS6 (and GDCM)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 06:04:54 EST 2009

'lo

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Karthik Krishnan
<karthik.krishnan at kitware.com> wrote:
> There is a much longer list of features in GDCM2 that aren't in GDCM 1.x

[a much longer list of features] and still growing :)

> shipped with ITK, not to mention, its cleaner, easier to use and growing,
> (thanks to Mathieu), so much so, that for a while now I haven't used the
> GDCM shipped with ITK.

same here. And people should really understand that GDCM 1.x is not
actively maintained. Jean Pierre any comments on that ?

> The point is : We should have a nightly dashboard at Kitware, that builds
> with system gdcm, just to be safe, on each platfom. Do you know if we have
> one already. I don't see it on the ITK dashboard. We would be grateful for
> any contributions.

That would really help me ! I have a very limited access to platform
(Linux based only). And having a couple of Win/Mac machine using a
system installed GDCM would really help.

GDCM 2.x Config.cmake files can be used from an install tree of a
build tree. Therefore setting up an ITK dashboard with GDCM 2.x only
require running the dashboard in the right order: first build GDCM 2.x
(trunk) then compile ITK against this build tree of GDCM 2.x.

Let me know if I can be of any help,

Thanks,
--
Mathieu