[Insight-users] The C compiler cl is not able to compile a simple test program

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Nov 6 08:00:30 EST 2009

Hi Cunli,

Are you running cmake from the command line ?

If so, you should do it from the command prompt
that Visual Studio configures for you.

That's the command line environment in which all
the paths to the Visual Studio tools will be set
properly.

You will find this prompt by

* going to the Windows "Start"  button,
* selecting the  "Microsoft Visual Studio" entry, then
* "Visual Studio Tools" and finally
* "Visual Studio Command Prompt"

Note that, depending on the version of Visual Studio
that you are using, the menus may have different
titles.

---

That said,

It will be a lot easier to simply run the CMake GUI
as it is installed on Windows.