[Insight-users] Deformable Model To Image Registration?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 8 14:47:03 EST 2009

Hi itkvtk123,

What you describe seems to be equivalent to an

                                "Atlas-based segmentation"

You could do this in ITK by using Deformable registration between
the two images, and then using the resulting deformation field and
the WarpImageFilter or the ResampleImageFilter to resample the
segmentation that you have from one of the images.

That said, please note that a deformation as strong as
warping a circle into a square is probably not a realistic
target...

Hopefully you don't need such a dramatic deformation for the
case that you are dealing with.