[Insight-users] Deformable Model To Image Registration?

itkvtk123 at gmx.net itkvtk123 at gmx.net
Wed Nov 4 12:41:24 EST 2009

Hi

is there a way in ITK to perform a deformable model to image registration?
Let's say we have an image serie where you can see a circular structure.
Over time, the circular structure deforms into a rectangular structure.

Let's further say we have already segmented the circular structure in the
first frame as a contour (e.g. an itkPolygonalSpatialObject) of K points.

What I want is the transform for each of the K points, so that if you would
apply this transform to the points on the outline of the circular structure,
you would get outline of the rectangular structure.

Do you understand what I mean? Is there something like this in ITK?
I did some research and came across both the Model Based Registration and the
Point Set Registration, but these seem not to be the right tools, are they?