[Insight-users] Bug or error in Docu

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Tue Nov 10 09:40:51 EST 2009

I have testet the itk::Similarity3DTransform with the itk::CenteredTransformInitializer for 3D images.

In the doku there is under Parameter order:

"The first parameter is the scaling factor, the next three parameters define the versor and the last three parameters the translation in each dimension."

I had a look into these parameters when I used the same image for fixed and moving image (so there should be the identity transform in the parameters). The strange thing is that all parameters except the last is 0, the last one is 1. That means that the scaling is 0 and the translation in z is 1 (referring to the doku)?

Is it a error in the docu or in the CenteredTransformInitializer object?