[Insight-users] Exception on image registration

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 09:26:21 EST 2009

> I try to register two images and get following exception on StartRegistration():
>
> Itk::ExceptionObject(0147B858)
> Location_ "class itk::CovariantVector<double,3> *__thiscall itk::ImportImageContainer(unsigned long, class itk::CovariantVector<double, 3>>::AllocateElements(unsigned long) const"
> File_ d:\develop\source\insighttoolkot-3.16.0\code\common\itkImportImageContainer.txx
> Line: 188
>
> I thougt itk can handle arbitrary image sizes (my images are 512x512x300)?

It handles these for us.

>  I use the itk::ImageRegistrationMethod for my registration, the images are of same type (itk::OrientedImages<singed short,3>) , can anyone give me a hint?

You are probably running out of address space. Look at how much memory
is being used in taskmanager. In 32 bit windows the default address
space is 2GB of that 2GB the largest memory block is about 1.2GB. The
reason why 1.2GB is the maximum block is caused by memory
fragmentation caused by windows dlls loading inside of this 2GB
address space. You can extend the address space limit to 3GB by using
the /3GB boot.ini switch and linking your application with
LARGEADDRESSAWARE.

John