[Insight-users] Fixed and moving images in translation registration method example?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 15 10:16:45 EST 2009

Hi Motes,

You are making the common mistake of deriving conclusions
based on the visual display of the images but without adding
a coordinate system display to it.

You need to draw on top of:
http://37133.vs.webtropia.com/apache2-default/test/translate.jpg

the position of the image origin and the arrows that indicate the
positive direction of the X and the Y axis (as defined by ITK
when the images are read).

You will find, that in your display, the positive direction of the
"Y" axis is pointing downward.

You should use a viewer that uses the same orientation display
as ITK, and not rely on the basic viewers that are provided by
your operating system.