[Insight-users] [insight-users] Match a intersection slice with volume

Kishore Mosaliganti kishoreraom at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 13:18:56 EST 2009

Well, I was discussing this problem with Arnaud. He had an interesting idea.

Maybe you can look at the height and width of the 2D image to
determine the orientation of the plane in the 3D image. Then you can
iterate across the stack in that orientation. This is assuming that
the 2D image was sampled out of the same 3D volume.

If not, can you measure the anatomy (thickness of tissue or length
etc) of the image content and compare it to similar features in the 3D
image plane to vote on some preferred orientations.

Kishore