[Insight-users] updated n4itk

Nick Tustison ntustison at wustl.edu
Tue Nov 17 14:01:19 EST 2009

Hi Andriy,

I think with the most recent update, we've stabilized the modifications that
we've made to N4ITK.  We've pretty much left the itkN3MRI...Filter class
intact but introduced an additional filter to the Source, itkN4MRI...Filter,
which contains all the modifications that we've made since the last update.
 We also included the interface code, N4.cxx, which gives the user access to
all the parameters on the command line.  This is the code that I use for my
various processing workflows.  N4.cxx also accommodates specifying the
"spline distance" by adding a padding/extraction pre/post processing step in
case one would like to set the knot distances that way.  You'll also see
that itkN4MRI...Filter optimizes within a multi-resolution framework
(similar to FFD image registration).  Based on my experience, I use the
itkN4MRI...Filter class but I've included both for completeness.  Let me
know if you find anything that needs to be corrected.

Nick